Sunday, May 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Miss Amelia




February 14th, the Day of Love now has so much more depth for our family.  I can't belive it has been two years since this precious angel came into our lives.  We cannot imagine life without her.  Of  course she can be a stinker.  In one week she ran away as I was getting her out of the bath and went potty on her carpet ( and I'm not talking tinkle)  Then two days later I came into her room to find her painting her legs, face, and carpet with bright pink lipstick!  Needless to say, carpet cleaners were called ASAP.  But in general she really is a calm, happy child.  We decided it was time to say goodbye to her binkie once and for all.  She could speak full sentences with binkie firmly in place and since she wasn't training to be a ventriliquist, I cut up all her binkies.  The next time she asked we told her it was broken.  "Oh, the alligator ate it,"  she replied and she was fine.  A couple weeks later we went to the zoo with cousins and I showed her the alligator that ate her binkie.  She loved it. 
Amelia and I are taking Mommy and Me Dance class, Monday at 11 is the highlight of our week.  I love watching her shake it!  She loves to sing and dance and play with her dolls.  She cuddles them and drops them off with me to babysit while she goes to Zumba. Her party was simple with pink cake pops and a heart shaped pizza.  Crafty cousin Claire sewed her a nightie out of a pillowcase that is darling.  We "heart" our Amelia.

No comments: