Tuesday, September 30, 2008

GUTS and GORE



Since Halloween is around the corner I thought it might be appropriate to show a little "guts and gore." The queesy may need to turn their head! A week and a half ago the boys were playing in our neighbor's back yard when a wind storm began. Brig was hurrying to unlatch the vinyl fence gate and come inside. A gust of wind blew it shut splitting the fourth finger on his right hand in half lengthwise to the knuckle. I saw him crying and thought he had been stung by a bee, how I wish! We rushed to the ER and after some nasal fentynyl and a finger block he was feeling groovy and even joking the with Doc. Even the nurse in me was nauseous when the MD was making the two halves of Brig's finger "talk." After ten stitches, a splint for the broken bone and some packing so his nail will grow back we were sitting pretty. Dave came home from a business trip to California to a big surprise. Luckilly it is healing well and Brig is loving the principal and his teacher doing all his school work!

6 comments:

H and E said...

Ok that is disgusting! I am glad Brig is doing well that looks painful, he is definately a trooper! Now Adrien won't be the only person in the family with a jacked up finger :)

H and E said...

Oh and P.S. that doctor looks like George Clooney in that picture! ha ha

Ashley said...

Yuck, Ouch, Ewwwww!

Keri said...

that is sick! glad he's OK.

Rachel said...

What the.... I'm sorry I've fainted and can type no more...yuck!!!

Megan Marie said...

Emily told me about it, (ouch!) and i'm so glad he's doing better!