Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christ is the reason for the season!












There is no better way to feel the Christmas spirit than by visiting the live Nativity in Alpine. My sisters introduced me to this unique event last year and I was enchanted. The experience starts with a hay ride up to their propert where you meet shepherds, they instruct you to follow a lit path where we encountered roman soldiers on horses. We arrived at the barn where in addition to lambs and swans we met with our favorite camel, Max. Kind volunteers dressed in biblical clothing showed us bread making, basket weaving, and leather work. The highlight was walking to another stable with live music and Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus, the spirit was so strong! It is the highlight of my year!



1 comment:

H and E said...

I remember you guys doing that last year, up here they have a live nativity that happens the 4 days before christmas, we have gone both years an I love it!